Thursday, May 21, 2009

Naz meets his family

Naz's first trip over the big pond, if you will, was a big hit! March was quite a month as we packed in as much as we possibly could. New baby passport in hand, we traveled 26 hours door to door, each way, to spend time with all six grandparents, to meet the Bonds-Pate side of the family, to see beloved friends, and of course to eat fish tacos!

We started with a few days in Houston with Mimi and Pops, otherwise known as Adam's parents. A friend of Miriam's hosted a delightful babyshower for us, and even though I was extremely jet lagged, Naz did great! He cooed and smiled, I think he even pooped for them. Then we packed everything up and headed to Austin.


In Austin we spent time at Nana and Sampa's house, otherwise knows as Sam and Connie (Sera's Step-daddy and Mom). We had such a heavenly time relaxing, going for walks to the farmer's market, spending time with friends, and eating a taco everyday.




Then the aunties and uncles blew into town for a big music festival, South By SouthWest. Naz took in his first full day of music in style, sleeping through two punk shows. He again wowed the crowds as people approached us all day asking if they could take a picture of this adorable baby decked out in his tye-die and noise reducing headphones. A great day!



Nana turned 32 while we in town, and so we all spent some time celebrating our Mom, wife, and Nana. There was a bowling party, a sushi dinner extravaganza, and a pictureque night by the pool sipping wine, eating steak, and listening to Jordyn and Joel play guitar. We miss our families so much, and nights like that one are what we conjure up on days we are feeling particulalry far away and alone. It was really special.
And just in case you thought all of that might be enough, the third set of grandparents came to town: Grandpa and Grandma Bonds! It was the first time Naz was meeting them, and he was so excited (he told me so). We spent two days together walking by Town Lake (which is really a river, but who is counting???) and eating ribs! We miss you and can't wait to see you both again this fall.




I would be completely remiss if I didn't include this yummy picture of my favorite Mom, besides my own obviously, Erin. Here she is loving my baby, as I have loved hers now for 12 and 10 years (is that possible???). Thank you for inspiring me to be a Mom, Erin. I hope I can do this even half as gracefully as you do!

And here is Naz with his new friend, Leilani, who came to Austin to do some COHI work with me while I was stateside. So loving!

Here we are, in line at security starting the 26 hour return trip. We miss you all, can't wait to see you soon!

No comments: